Start where you are. Leave the past behind, accept where you are, but don’t dwell here. As a spirit being, your past has no claims on your present or future. Start here with gratitude and a willingness to build.
Becoming Whole Spirit, Soul and Body
God wants us to take full advantage of every resource He has paid for in this life to restore us to completeness in Him, resulting in both soulical and physical healing. In order to do this, we must learn to look to Him, to depend on Him first for healing, life and freedom. Here’s a quick overview of the resources and process God has made available to each of us:
1. Recognize that God wants you whole now, spirit, soul and body.
2. Learn to recognize your wounds, and teach others how to recognize their wounds as well.
3. Identify the reasons you’re not being healed.
4. Identify and overcome the hindrances to getting healed.
5. Recognize and express gratitude for the results of getting healed.
6. Recognize and embrace the warfare involved in exposing and overcoming your enemies.
7. Identify and strategize a plan of attack to overcome the world system in your own life, starting with evaluating each area of your life, how you spend your time, your personal and professional goals, how you relate to others, etc., through dependence on the Lord.
8. Identify and strategize a plan of attack to overcome your flesh, starting with identifying and embracing your temperament, strengths and weaknesses, through dependence on the Lord.
9. Identify and strategize a plan of attack to overcome the devil, starting with overcoming your fears and identifying your unique battlegrounds, through dependence on the Lord.
Recognize that Healing is a Continual Process, and will (probably) be on-going throughout our lifetime. Our ultimate goal is not to learn how to avoid being wounded, but to overcome our fear of being wounded, knowing that when we are wounded we can go to the Lord Himself for complete healing.
As we get on the same page as the Lord, we will be drawn into greater dependence and intimacy with Him. We will enjoy the freedom, contentment and enthusiasm for each new day as He continually reveals Himself to us and through us.